Tuesday 19 November 2013

New to Solar Energy Harvesting

I was always fascinated by the ability to convert the energy from the sun to useable energy since young.
I was born in Singapore and stay here throughout my life. Singapore is located near the Equator and is an island country surrounded by sea. It is hot and humid throughout the year.

We have almost 12 hours of sunlight everyday and it is no wonder that many of us who stay in this country wish that we could make use of this abandon natural resource.

Solar panels and systems were very expensive in the past and out of reach for hobbyists like me. It was not until recent that the price of the solar panels has fallen below S$2 per watt that solar panels and small solar power systems become affordable. Now with as little as S$100, anyone can start playing with solar power harvesting.




My household utility bill has been increasing year by year. Recently my monthly bill exceeded S$200. My power supply portion alone accounted for more than 70%. My power usage shoots up from 300KWh per month to more than 500KWh per month, so I was thinking how to cut down my electrical bill. Then I happen to come across an interesting thread in Hardwarezone.sg/diy-solar-power-solutions forum.

It is an very interesting thread and contains lots of useful information for newbies like me. However, the thread is very long and took me many days to read through them. The information is also very scattered and un-organized. Therefore I hope to start this blog to organize the information to help those who are interested in starting a small DIY solar project.

So, stay tune for further updates!



4 comments:

  1. Here's how to cut your electric bill up to 75%:

    Want to know how to easily produce all of the renewable energy you could ever want right at home?

    And you will be able to make your home totally immune from power failures, blackouts, and energy grid outages
    so even if everyone else in your area (or even the whole country) loses power - you won’t.

    CLICK HERE: DIY HOME ENERGY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the useful information. It was really amazing and very informative. Keep sharing more article.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your content is nothing short of brilliant in many ways. I think this is engaging and eye-opening material. Thank you so much for caring about your content and your readers. phoenix solar panel installation

    ReplyDelete